Sunday, July 31, 2011

Neo Of Melaka

As suggested by its name , Neo of Melaka features Malaysian cuisine . According to their corporate site , their sauces are prepared from exotic culinary herbs and spices found in Southeastern Asia , India and China to create a delicate blend for a menu rich in flavour .

6133 E. Broadway Blvd
Tucson , AZ 85711

Interior : Contemporary Designed and Dimly Lit Makes it Comfortable . 

To Start : Hot & Sour Soup

To be frank , a little disappointed . The taste is not what I'm expecting and looking for . And on top of that , the soup is simply too GLUEY ... Too much starch added in .


For Her : Chicken Curry Rice Noodle 

Curry is my LOVE of my life . Already missing it and it's only my 1st week here in Tucson . Was glad to see that they serve this dish on the menu so decided to give it a try . *Craving!* 

Verdict : I think I can cook better than this . It's not flavorful enough . The curry gravy is not thick at all ,  too watery . I like it LEMAK (Rich , creamy) ! And when it's served , it's not piping HOT . Disappointed on my first bite . Not saying that the dish is awful but it's far from good . It's alright but just not good enough for people to want to come back to want more of it .


For Him : Stir Fried Chicken with Cashew Nuts

I only took a mouthful of it . The rice is definitely not the soft and sticky kind but it's alright since it sort of 'soften' when mixed well with the gravy . Uses breast meat to cook this dish so it's healthier . It's not that bad for a simple one-dish meal .

No comments:

Post a Comment